The Benefits of Attic Insulation
It is estimated that over half of a home’s energy costs come from heating and cooling. Properly insulating your attic can dramatically reduce these costs.
Did you know that the coldest part of your house in the winter (and the warmest in the summer) is your attic? Up to 25% of heat loss occurs through the attic. Simply installing high quality attic insulation can reduce heat loss by up to 80% through the attic, saving you money on heating and cooling.
It’s very likely that your home, even new homes, may only have insulation rated at R32 or less, providing minimal insulation and vapour barrier. EcoTech provides expert installation, and only premium products with minimum R value of R40, up to R60. Our products come with a 100% Lifetime Guarantee!
Premium Attic Insulation Services
Equipped with a 100% Lifetime Guarantee, you can be sure your insulation will never settle.
We offer several ways to insulate your attic from our basic services like insulation removal, to full service and hybrid service packages. We can look after everything from removing old insulation, to insulating your attic hatch, and eliminating airflow with weather stripping.
Here are some of our attic insulation services:
- Insulation Removal
- Spray Foam in the Attic
- Attic Upgrades
- InsulSafe Fibreglass w/ Vapour Barrier
- Cellulose Attic Insulation
Full Service Attic Insulation
Our full service attic insulation install ensures maximal reduction in heat loss. We install proper hatch boxes, insulated hatch doors, weather stripping, and of course, our premium blown fibreglass or cellulose insulation products. Here’s how it works:
- Install baffles to create airflow, or extend baffles for attic upgrades
- Build a wooden box around the attic hatch to contain insulation when you open the hatch.
- Insulate the hatch, and add weather stripping to eliminate airflow from your house.
Our technicians will access the attic through the attic hatch and perform their work. Our machinery is located in a trailer outside of the house to reduce noise and prevent dust from building in your home. Typically the insulation is blown through a long hose, run through a window and up into the attic.
Hybrid Service Attic Insulation
In many cases, you may have old rotten insulation in your attic which rodents and mold may call home. We offer hybrid services that include the complete removal of this rotten – defective insulation, and the installation of our premium insulation backed by it’s lifetime guarantee. We can also combine spray foam with blown Insulsafe insulation for added insulating power.
- Full removal of infested & rotten insulation
- 2″ Spray foam base layer (R-12 2lbs PolarFoam Soya) on the attic floor.
- Creates complete seal of your attic and acts as a vapour barrier
- 18″ of Blown Insulsafe fibreglass (R-40)
- Brings your total R value to R-52, a more effective insulation than Insulsafe on it’s own